Our Inspection Report
Sydney's highest rated mobile vehicle inspections
Our Inspection Report
- Paint thickness
- Pre-existing repairs
- Rubber sealing
- Spotter mirrors
- Oil leaks (engine, transmission, differential)
- Gear changes
- Clutch free play
- Lubrication inspection (tail shaft, grease points, steering components)
- Wheels/tyres (tread depth)
- Suspension/steering components
- Computer download for active fault codes
- Internal compression leak test (head gasket condition)
- Coolant test
- King pins
- Airbag suspension
- ADR35 air systems check (RMS requirement)
- Air-conditioning operation/gas check
- Instrument cluster
- Audio system
- Full computer download of all systems to detect any hidden faults that a visual inspection cannot reveal
- CB radio
- Reverse camera (if fitted)
- Seats (cushions, tears etc..)
- vinyl flooring
- Seat belts
- Hood lining
- Sleeper bunk
Our pre purchase car inspections Sydney proudly offer what others don't
We know the industry
With over 15 years professional experience, we are experts within the automotive repairs, finance and used vehicle market in order to bring you a specific sets of skills that sets us apart from your average mechanic. Anyone can go out and have a look at a car, we pride ourselves as keeping the upmost professionalism throughout the entire process.
Licensed mobile mechanic repairers licence MVRL57595
We are a licensed mobile vehicle workshop so rest assured that you will be receiving a competent mechanic to undertake the mobile vehicle inspections as per our clients request. Our repairers licence will also allow up to disassemble and diagnose any component when required.
Compression Leak Testing (head-gasket condition)
The Compression leak test detects any presence of Co2 (carbon dioxide) within the cooling system. The presence of Co2 indicates there is an internal combustion leak within the engine which will ultimately cause compression drop in the cylinders.
We supply you with a unbiased independent valuation of the subject vehicle of how much we think you should be paying.
With attached market examples to ensure our you are paying within the expected market value for your next investment. We take the overall condition and kilometres travelled into consideration.
We Conduct a Thorough Car Pre-Purchase Inspection in Sydney
Buying a car is a life moment that is joyous and exciting. Whether you’re considering a second-hand vehicle from a dealer or private seller, it’s advisable to get a car pre-purchase inspection in Sydney. It takes years to save up enough cash to acquire a vehicle or pay the deposit to finance a larger purchase. For this reason, you must protect your investment and ensure the seller is not duping you. Double Chex offers a mobile, professional car pre-purchase inspection and provides you with a detailed report that allows you to make an informed decision about spending your money on a particular vehicle.
The Benefits of a Pre-Purchase Car Inspection Service
While we’d all love to drive high-spec German engineered vehicles that we own from new, it’s an unattainable utopia. We have to be realistic with our affordability which is why the second-hand vehicle market is an ideal place to find a car that meets your slightly lower expectations and doesn’t require you to break the bank. However, you must recruit the services of a mechanic to conduct a secondhand car inspection to ensure you’re taking care of your investment.
- Second-Hand cars have been on the road and driven by other people which means it’s normal to find that it requires minor repairs. Usually, the seller shares that information and adjusts the selling price accordingly. However, a professional mechanic inspects the vehicle with the added benefit of possessing an in-depth knowledge of cars and its components. As a result, you receive a complete report on the vehicle. If there are any hidden issues, you can walk away from the deal and save yourself costly repairs.
- Before you sign on the dotted line and transfer the money to a seller’s account, consider a classic car pre-purchase inspection to help with the negotiation. If the report demonstrates that there are underlying problems that aren’t visible, you can use it as a tool to negotiate a better price. The seller may disagree and refuse to lower their asking price, at which stage you can end the agreement and save yourself from buying a deteriorating vehicle.
- Aside from the mechanical components of a car, a technician relies on their experience and skills that they developed through the years to determine if the vehicle you’re about to purchase has been involved in a prior collision. It’s easy to cover up the fact that the car has accident damage. After your mechanic has inspected the vehicle, you will have the information regarding any touch-up work done regarding the paint of the car.
What to Expect from Double Chex Regarding a Mobile Car Inspection Service
We are an independent automotive repair and inspection company based in Sydney. We offer our services for cars, trucks, and a range of other vehicles for your peace of mind. Whether you’re buying a vehicle from a private seller or a dealer, we’re able to conduct our car inspection service.
- We have over 15 years in the industry. We have experience with helping people with automotive repairs, buying second-hand cars, and pre-finance inspections, which set us apart from other mechanics. We ensure our service is professional and provide unbiased reports from our inspections.
- With a reputation of providing the most comprehensive used car inspections around Sydney, we endeavour to supply you with a detailed report on the same day of the examination. If the check-up occurs in the evening, the report is sent to you by the morning. You’ll receive over one hundred high definition images, car history, comprehensive test drive, PPSR certificate, examples of comparable vehicles for sale and a complete valuation.
- As part of our unmatched service, we conduct a compression leak test to determine the condition of the head gasket. If the presence of carbon dioxide is evident, then there is an internal combustion leak within the engine that results in a compression drop in the cylinders. As such, you can avoid purchasing a vehicle that would require extensive repairs.
About Double Chex
Don’t head into a vehicle purchase without the proper, mechanical advice. It’s highly likely that the car you’re buying will be yours for the foreseeable future. For this reason, you should engage our mobile inspection services to avoid disappointments with your purchase. Contact us to make a booking and take care of your next investment.
Servicing Sydney and surrounding areas
We have proudly worked with...
Vehicles we Inspect
Pre Purchase Car Inspections
- Family vehicles
- Ute inspections
- Commercial vans
- Luxury cars
- Prestige cars
- Classic cars
- Muscle cars
- Australian muscle
- American muscle
- Custom vehicle inspections
Pre Purchase Truck Inspections
- Prime mover
- Tipper trucks
- B Double combinations
- Curtain-sider trucks
- pan-tech trucks
- Crane trucks
- Delivery vans
- flatbed trailers
- Skel trailers
Pre Purchase Excavator Inspections
- Mini excavators
- Front end loaders
- Skid steer loaders
- Speciality equipment
- Auxiliary attachments
- bucket inspections
*Additional charges may apply subject to vehicle configuration and location outside Sydney metro
Are you an interstate buyer?
We strive to complete a comprehensive pre purchase vehicle inspection based in Sydney, NSW which allows our clients to purchase the vehicle in confidence without the hassle of flight bookings, hire cars and hotels costs just to look at a lemon! (which can be quite expensive)
Double Chex will send you a same day easy to read report providing you with the tools you need to make your final decision all from the comfort of your living room.
Our inclusions including a vast amount of high-resolution images will provide you with you the information you need leaving no stone unturned.
Please explore our website and see what exactly you receive with our services. Or, request a sample report here